Thursday, March 20, 2014

Etc: Could it be, Spring?

On my four mile walk today, I saw and heard many signs of Spring. Birds chirping, peepers and frogs chatting, crocus nearly bursting in full color glory, grass turning green, and most importantly, the sun shone bright with few clouds in the sky. Thank goodness, because it sure has been a long, cold winter! I think people today with their instant gratification lifestyles expect Mother Nature to just roll over and give into our desire for warmth and sunshine. Well I think we deserve it even though the 12 or so snow storms in total dropped far less snow on us than the Snowmageddon winter of 2009-2010. It is amazing how my mood is positively impacted by the sun. There is something truly medicinal about it, especially when you feel like you have been without it for so long. So my plan today is to soak it all in and be thankful that yes, it could in fact be spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment